Wednesday, December 28, 2011

PAD, Project 365 or 52?

I am intrigued. I keep thinking about doing a Project 365. For those who may not know, a Project 365 consists of taking one photo everyday for one entire year. It sounds simple---but it's not. I've been considering it for months...and months. I've been looking at sites and reading of others' experiences with the project. I even bought an app for my iPhone (Photo365).
The first question to answer is "Why would I want to do a Project 365?" After much thought, it comes down to improving my photography and preserving life's everyday details along the way. I take photos a lot as it is, but I want better photos. I don't need prize winning photos, just BETTER photos. The only way to get there is to practice, and then practice so more. I know that my photography has improved greatly over the last year. I also know that I have much more to learn.
The second question is "What are you going to do with a P365?". I think it would be a great match up for a very hybrid Project Life. Some pages will be digital, others paper, and yet others hybrid. I'm thinking I can also post it here in my blog.
I look forward to seeing how this adventure all comes together. This year will be a P365+1 in order to accommodate leap year. If I end up missing some days, I need to be okay with that. I also need to be okay with the project becoming a Project 52. It's about fun and learning for ME.

No comments: