Thursday, March 01, 2012

Playing with paint

I am in the thick of my Field Guide class over at Big Picture. I am having so much fun and looking forward to each new week. In week 3, we explored the use of paint on layouts. There are so many different things that one can do with the paint. I thought I would share a layout that I just completed.
In this layout, I kept the techniques really simple. I mixed some buff colored acrylic paint with some Weathered Wood Distress reinker to create a lovely gray/blue color. I laid my photo block on my page and lightly penciled marks at each corner. I removed the photo block and painted with my custom color to create a painted mat. I did this because I just had a lot going on with my papers and wanted to give a resting place. You'll notice that my coverage isn't completely opaque. I did this on purpose to all the "wood grain" the show through a bit. I painted some shipping tags with the same paint to keep the colors harmonious. Very simple and clean but still lots of fun.

No comments: