Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Modeling paste experiment

This week in my BPC Field Guide class we're all about texture. There are tons of ways to create texture. I decided to venture into modeling paste fun.
First I used a scrap of cardstock and a Crafter's Workshop template. I spread the modeling paste with a plastic palette knife. Once it dried, I sanded it a little and then played with mists and inks. Here's the result:

I liked the result so I used it as a background for a child's birthday card.
 
I tried using an embossing folder with the modeling paste. The results weren't great, but the technique might work with a bit more finessing. The next thing I tried was applying the modeling paste to a tag and doing a stamp off technique. Here's a close up after misting, inking, and perfect pearls:
and the entire tag:
I'm not sure what I'll do with the tag, but the embellishing possibilities are endless.
This is the extent of my play with modeling paste, but I'm sure there will be more in my future!

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Luv what you did with the modeling paste. Especially the birthday card!!