Sunday, September 25, 2011

Double Take Class is tons of fun!

My new class, Double Take at Big Picture Classes, officially started on Thursday. It's been a blast! May Flaum and Nic Howard are the instructors. Each week they provide us with four double page sketches, their interpretations of each sketch (that's eight completed layouts!), along with tips, techniques, and insight into their workflow and inspiration. It's great. There's a ton of participation from my fellow students with lots of feedback from Nic and May. Here's my take on sketch 1 from week 1:
Choosing colors was a little tough with the variety of photos I had here. I pulled out the trusty color wheel and dialed in the bright green grass. I worked from there with distress inks, alcohol inks, and acrylic paint to pull it together.

No comments: