Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Explore prompt one.

Photobucket


Our very first task was to do a self portrait. I seem to be finding myself do that a lot in the last few months. At first it was a daunting task. Now, it really doesn't bother me. I'm not necessarily pleased with each and every self portrait I take--usually quite the opposite. I've learned to live with it. I am who I am. These self portraits are what others see. I would imagine that I'm far more critical than anyone else is. I tend to avoid being in photos. I've learned though that I just need to let go and let them be taken. I don't tend to show up in the majority of my scrapping---unless it's specifically about me. You'll see my words, hear my thoughts, and gain insight into my feelings, but you'll rarely see me.

My creativity runs in spurts. Lately it's been pretty much on. There are other times when finishing a project and being happy with the results is no easy task. One thing is definite: doing something creative is a must for me. Without a creative outlet, I flounder and flop about.

Looking out my window is an experience that is continually in flux. I see potential for stuff everywhere. Sometimes inspiration eludes me though. My best bet when that happens is to just let it ride. Sooner or later the possibilities start rolling in and the inspiration is found.

No comments: