Thursday, June 13, 2013

Inspired by Washi

You know how sometimes you have that ONE photo that you really want to scrap but you just can't find the way to do it? That's been my problem for awhile. Thanks to Soul Scrappers' June Around The World challenge and a flying trip through Michaels, I finally scrapped a photo I've wanted to put on a page for a long time!
On a recent trip through Michaels I spied the washi tape I used on this page. It just begged me to bring it home to create a page inspired by Mexico. I used the tape everywhere! It created the frame for my photo, covered my letters, and grounded my paper strips. I also was able to use up a bunch of green flowers that have been lurking in my stash along with some orange and pink brads.  Do the colors quite match the photo? Well, ummm, no. That's okay though because I feel like the choices that I made conveyed the feeling and mood I was aiming to achieve.

No comments: