Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Challenges, Challenges, and a school project

I've been a scrappin' fiend lately. At least that how I feel anyway. It is February so that means there is a LOAD challenge going on everyday. I've actually only done one of the challenges. The challenge was to create a wordless layout. The idea behind it was to use color, patterns, and embellishments to convey emotion. I combined it with the technique challenge at Soul Scrappers. The challenge at SS was to create your own background. I made this background using a stencil that I cut on my electronic cutter, dylusions spray ink, Tattered Angels glimmer mist, and Distress Ink. Here is my result:

Christopher had a school project. His assignment was to create a poster, with the help of a parent, showing his life cycle, including drawing a picture of what he thought he would look like when he was old. I grabbed a few photos of each time period and allowed Christopher to choose which ones we would use. I gave him choices of colors. He drew his picture. I designed and put the page together. I'm just hoping that it gets returned home so that I can put it in his scrapbook. The final project:

I have created two more layouts for So You Think You Can Scrap over at Colorful Creations. Last week we were presented with a sketch, a color palette, and required to use a diecut. We then had to choose one item from a list of other elements. I chose bling. I cut the doily-like shapes and my title using my electronic cutter. For the bling, I used some Bazzil Bling cardstock and some pearls. The result:

Week 5 of SYTYCS presented us with the following requirements: the sketch, distressing, torn paper, and a recycled element. You could say that I was very distressed and recycled the entire layout LOL! I started the page, completed it about 90%, hated it, pulled it apart, and put it back together with a different background. I think this may be the very first time I've ever done this. I usually keep going with a layout until I don't hate it and call it good.  But anyway, here's the page:
I distressed the edges of some papers and tore others. The tag behind the Thomas photo is a recycled clothing tag. I collected beer bottle caps from a parking lot near my office. I turned Christopher loose on them with my Tim Holtz distress hammer. I put them through my cuttlebug to flatten, covered the logos in alcohol ink, and embossed with distress powder. After they cooled I sanded away some of the finish and sealed with a matte art spray. It was fun! I placed them on my layout and layered them with brads and themed stickers.

No comments: