Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Artistic endeavors

I'm giving a great big shout out to Jodi from Scrap 'N Chat. She has been hosting a Scrap Around the World challenge each month. This month's country is England and the challenge is to create a Victorian inspired layout. At first I had no clue what I was going to do. I started a web search regarding Victorian Scrap. The inspiration I have found totally has my creative juices flowing. I have so many thoughts twirling through my head that I find myself having many of what my friend calls "oooo Shiny!" moments. LOL!
As I've gallivanted around the web I've stumbled across the Twisted Papers website. The website offers high quality Victorian ephemera downloads at a low cost. Of course, I couldn't help myself and downloaded a few. I've manipulated them and added different effects in PSE. They're printed and just awaiting some distressing and inking goodness.
Thanks to the Mouse Paper Scissors class at Jessica Sprague I finally am comfortable hybrid scrapping. Up to this point everything has pretty much been either straight up digital or paper but not really any true hybrid creations. I was a little sad when the class was coming to a close. Sadness reigns no more as they are now offering Mouse Paper Scissors:Mom. Guess who signed up already. Now I just have to wait for class to begin on April 18th.

No comments: