Monday, June 06, 2005

Where does the time go?

It's been awhile since I've checked in here. Life has been busy... and stressful. The biggest thing is that a few weeks ago I was told my dog has cancer. The vet told me I will probably only have him another 2-3 months. It's already been close to a month now. It can't remember what life was like before Casey. He's been with me for almost 11 years. I cannot imagine what life will be like without him. It's tough. I try to treasure every moment with him. In the week he was hospitalized with me not knowing whether he would ever make it home, I realized that there were a lot of little things about him that I had been taking for granted. Not anymore. It used to annoy me that he was constantly everywhere I was in the house and that every time I moved I would trip over him (he's 70 + pounds so not so little). I find myself enjoying his constant presence--even if it's not convenient. I guess the moral of the story is this: Treasure each day with all that it brings. Tomorrow may be too late.

No comments: